Saturday, April 01, 2006

March '06 Journey I : Phrae & Nan

Such a long time that I've never come to update my blog. After taking lots of short journeys in March'06, I will try to gradually post them.

March 3rd, I finally could take a flight back home in Bangkok after waiting for the scholarship extension stuff. However, I just laid on my bed in Bangkok only one night. Then, I took a night train heading up north to Phrae province, a very small but calm town which is my mother's birthplace. I usually go there at least once a year when I have a school break to visit my relatives and especially to eat some of my favourites. As usual, when I come to Phrae, I just do nothing except staying at home and eating. But this time I had a good chance to go to the neighbour of Phrae, a small and cultural town called Nan province which takes only 1.5 hr from Phrae but I've never been there yet. Let me describe my first trip in Thailand by using some of my chosen photos as the followings.


I took a night train for about 10 hours from Samsen station in Bangkok to Denchai station, the only station in Phrae province. I have been so familiar with these two stations since I was a kid but this was my first time taking the photo of this staion. My cousin picked me up to my uncle's house in the town which takes less than to 30 mins across Denchai city and Soongmen city to a city of Phrae. After keeping my backage and greeting with my uncle and aunt, we had breakfast and left around 9am to a city of Nan.

My first impression when we drove thorugh the center of Nan city was the traffic signal which is very unique and tells its culture.

We visited lots of temples in the city which is very small and clean. Here in Nan city, it seems everything moves so slowly and people are always with thier smiles.

We can see a city view from Phra That Khao Noi temple. (วัดพระธาตุเขาน้อย)

This calls Phumint Temple (วัดภูมินทร์), one of the most beautiful, famous and old temple in Nan. The special and unique thing of this temple is the 4 doors Buddhist church. Besides, the wall inside the church still has its original colourful painting.

I went to the National Museum of Nan, just across Wat Phumint, before having lunch.

This is my lunch ก๋วยเตี๋ยวลูกชิ้นลุงซิน............so damn good.
I directly went to this restaurant from the guide book.

This is one of the symbol of Nan provice called Phra That Chae Hang (พระธาตุแช่แห้ง).

Nan in the summer filled with peanuts instead of rice because of lack of water and to increase minerals to soil. We left Nan around 5-6pm and back to Phrae city.

After dinner, I went to Pra Tu Chai or Victory Gate which is kind of food center of Phrae city at night to have the food above and some dessert... Don't miss this in Phrae ลูกชิ้นนายอ้วน และ ไอศกรีมสลิ่ม ที่ประตูชัยเมืองแพร่

The second day in Phrae, I went around to visit my relatives. Before I left in the evening, I went to the former city mayor place which now became a museum. Its building is so beautiful.

After my slow life by spending one day in Nan and another day in Phrae, I again took a night train back to Bangkok. Well, I only stayed in Bangkok not more than two days and then travelled again in............???

Please follow my next blog....." March '06 Journey II "

7 Comments:

At 2:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

โอ๊ะ ไปเที่ยวน่านมาด้วย
ขอโทษด้วย คราวนี้ ไม่ได้เป็นไกด์ให้
ไว้คราวหน้า ไปล่องแก่งน้ำว้ากัน
ปล. ถ่ายรูปออกมาสวยดี แต่ไม ไม่มีนางแบบนายแบบ เลยอ่ะ :D

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

มานั่งรออ่านบล็อคคราวหน้า
อัพเดทเรื่องลาวเร็วๆนะปะป๊า

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger noomai said...

เห็นแล้วหิวเลย..

 
At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally! I had been waiting for your post!! Man...the food!!!!!
Ai Ling

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

อยากกิน ๆๆๆๆ เดี๋ยวจะลองทำน้ำจิ้มดู ไว้ไปขายหน้าหอ หารายได้พิเศษ

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

อยากกินไอตืมสลิ่มจัง คิดถึงๆ แต่ก่อนไปไม่เคยพลาด เนอะ

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

คนเมืองแพร่ said

ภูมิใจที่เป็นคนแพร่ และมีลูกหลานคนแพร่ที่ยังรักและคิดถึงเมืองแพร่ รวมเมืองน่านด้วย

 

Post a Comment

<< Home