Wednesday, April 05, 2006

March '06 Journey II : Kanchanaburi

Kanchanaburi, a province in the west taking about 2-3 hours from Bangkok, was my 2nd destination for my Thailand visit this time. Kanchanaburi is one of the provinces in Thailand excluding Bangkok that I have been for so many times like Phrae and Chachengsao, mom's and dad's hometown respectively, and also Rayong whcih was my past workplace. It is because my uncle has a farm there.

Kanchanaburi is a historic and tourist province. It used to be a historic place during the WWII, so it is no doubt that many Japanese tourists want to visit there. They also have lots of minitary service areas because of its strategical landscape. Besides, it is filled with nature such as waterfalls, mountains, and rivers.

This time, I didnot only go to the farm, which is now changed from ducks to cows due to bird flu, but also visited to the extreme western Thailand at the border to Myanmar. I spent 2 nights at the farm which is not far from the city of Kanchanaburi.

Let's go to some parts of Kanchanaburi with my photos.........

100-colour loincloth (ผ้าขาวม้าร้อยสี) at Ban Nong Khao (บ้านหนองขาว)

Black & White Buffaloas, so beautiful

Finally reached the farm by this car

Dairy cow babies

All day eating... fermented corn...

Oh!oh!....I know what you guys are doing!!!

Beautiful Eaung-Phung, a kind of orchids, at the farm

Vachiralongkorn dam, the biggest rock dam in the west

Dan-Jedi-Sam-Ong with Myanmar flag

Mon, a tribe used to live in Myanmar, (มอญ) kids with there smiles

The longest wood bridge nearby Mon village in Sanklaburi district อ. สังขละบุรี, Kanchanaburi

A palm tree still being alife in the river

This is a Buddhist church of Mon temple sinked in the river.

The way of river life

P.S. There're not famous tourist spots in Kanchanaburi for this trip bacause I already have been there for several times.

"Thanks a lot to my lovely Mom and Uncle&Aunt for being this tripmates and always my supports"

4 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh! ไปสังขละมาด้วย
เรากะไปตอนเรากลับบ้านคราวที่แล้ว
แต่ก็ไม่ได้ไป ToT

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ลาวล่ะลาวลาววว
ช้าจริงๆ คนอายุมากนี่ ฮ่าๆๆ

 
At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the buddhist temple in the water! Very interesting....and the damn looks beautiful too.
Ai Ling

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ดีใจและภูมิใจในตัวเธอมาก ขอเป็นกำลังใจและสนับสนุนเธอตลอดไป

 

Post a Comment

<< Home